Blinkist

Methi Chaman


As a child I never liked methi or spinach. But now that I have to cook on my own, I have suddenly started liking the taste of spinach and use it almost once a week in my cooking. I tasted this dish in a buffet and liked it so much that I searched for this recipe the same day. I have made it many times now and it is the perfect dish to eat with chapattis.

Here is my recipe for this dish
  1. Blanch 2 cups of spinach and 1 cup of methi leaves (for blanching, boil water and soak the leaves for 5 mins and drain). Blend in a mixer  along with 2 green chillies to get a fine puree.
  2. Add 2 tsp oil in a pan. Add 1 tbsp cumin seeds to it and sauté
  3. Add 1 bay leaf, 2-3 cloves, 1-2 cardamom, 1inch cinnamon
  4. Add 2 medium sized onions  and 5-6 garlic flakes neatly chopped and sauté till onion is brown.
  5. Add a pinch of turmeric, ginger garlic paste. Add the puree and sauté. Add 1 tsp coriander powder and a pinch of sugar and cook till the oil separates.
  6. Now adjust the water and salt according to your taste
  7. Add 200 gms of grated paneer and cream and cook for 10 mins on a low flame
Add 1 tsp garam masala and garnish with coriander and cream and serve.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Boost your productivity by reading more in less time.